What do you do when you don’t want to be slow baked at home without air con on a hot summer weekend?
1) You go check out foldable bike at a bike store you normally don’t go to!
Seriously tho, I had been having laptop trouble for a few weeks now, and just last weekend husband had to help me install a new hard drive (and restore all my stuff), as I heard some random ticking sound which is different from the normal ticking only last week.
2) So while it takes quite a few hours (total of about half a day+) to copy/reinstall/restore stuff, in between that we went out to run errands and do some stuff which we had been meaning to do for a while now! :P One of the thing was to check out Strida, a foldable bike which was brought to my attention by a friend back in Singapore. Apparently after some googling seems that only JV Bike in Vancouver carries Strida ^^;
(above image of Strida Mini from JV Bike‘s website)
I swear, my friend pushes Strida like it’s a drug! He apparently rides it to work, about an hour each way thru park connections! (Which is really cool, and even his wife has a Strida! ;P).
3) The shop has them on display in shop and to our pleasant surprise they encouraged us to test drive it. I have to submit a credit card and an ID, but that’s fine, not like I have to pay up front ^^;
I was a bit worried at first as I have not touched a bicycle for many years (lost count), my family have a foldable bike back home in Singapore, but it is definitely different from Strida. My friend had warned me that Strida is actually not for everyone as the steering is not the same. So I guess it is a good idea to try it out in person to find out if it’s the bike for us :)
4) The funny thing was since I am kinda short, we found out that I can only ride the Strida Mini with the seat at the lowest setting ^^;;;; I tried to but I just couldn’t ride the standard Strida, as even with the seat set as lowest, I was on tippy toes which is not good if I am on a bumpy road ^^; luckily I did not fall flat on my face. ^^;;;
5) And of course my husband had to take some goofy photos (and a couple videos) of me wobbling around when I was testing the bike out ^^; It definitely felt like I was learning how to ride a bike again!
6) The shop assistant recommended that we try out 2 other different type of foldable bikes too, and we did. We agree with him that the other bicycles feels more like a regular bike. They were a bit more stable, but also a bit heavier and more fiddly to fold up ^^;
7) Verdict: We like Strida! It’s very compact, has greaseless belt drive, folds up quickly, and it’s cute…. Need to save up for it tho ^^; Goofy video, courtesy of my husband :P
Now that computer is fixed, it’s back to work time…. ^^;;;;
No related posts.
- chun on Senmei Fanart Contest 2014
- lightningsabre on Senmei Fanart Contest 2014
- chun on Murasaki chan x puppy52!
- Kuraikawai on Murasaki chan x puppy52!
- chun on Happy Birthday Mirai chan~
- Kuraikawai on Happy Birthday Mirai chan~
- chun on Strolling Mouse
- Nekonyann on Strolling Mouse
- chun on Strolling Mouse
- chibinezumi on Strolling Mouse
- chun on Season’s Greetings :D
- Heather on Season’s Greetings :D
- Tyler on The Drawing Board Submission – Baby Versions of Fictional Characters
- chun on Recommended Summer Oyatsu
- chun on The Drawing Board Submission – Baby Versions of Fictional Characters
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets