So, as promised here is the food post ^^; Went thru almost every day’s worth of food pictures, making sure they’re not too blurry etc, took a little while. I am home feeling kinda sick (it’s on and off =_=) I might as well do something with the photos before I get busy with work again. There’s about 80-ish photos, which I will split in 2 entries.
1) Below is Mochi cream, a yummy dessert which we bought frozen at the Airport to eat on flight. They defrost in about 2 hours and are ready for consumption. You can buy dry ice to keep it frozen a little longer and they usually keep for about a day for maxium freshness and taste.
On a slightly non food related note, while in Japan, meeting Danny had inspired my husband quite a bit to really get kick started on his own blog :D I suspect there may be a few possible repeat photos here and there, but most of the photos are from his DSLR and has a slightly different insight compared to me, so please do go check out his blog! Domo arigato~ :)
2) We reached Japan in the afternoon, but by the time we got to the hotel in Otsuka, it was almost time for dinner. Checked in and then headed out to explore our area a bit, and look for nomnoms (food). Finally decided on this cozy little restaurant called Olive Village. :) We were lucky one of the waitresses spoke English :P
3) Weather was rather warm and humid when we first set food on Tokyo grounds, but in the evening there was a breeze (much welcomed) but a cold drink in an air-conditioned restuarant was even more welcomed ^^;
5) I ordered what appears to be Tonkatsudon with a small burger patty+ gravy, some shredded cabbage and potato wedges. The gravy was very good :) they both came with a plate of rice, which is very tasty as well ^^
7) Husband’s side dish while waiting for our main course (LOL)
20) Refresher of where it was ^^ it was on the 8th floor, in Shinjuku area ^^;
21) Mmmmmmosburger time~ I miss Mosburger so much since we don’t have it in Canada ^^; Didn’t realise how spoilt I was when we can get Mosburger in Singapore ^^; Melon soda doesn’t taste like what I remembered tho :P It tasted a bit like cough syrup ^^;
24) The napkin holder introduced the burger which my husband tried ^^
26) Purchased it from one of the Mall food court as a take out ^^ usually an hour before closing time, many of the perishable food items would be discounted ^^ A good time to grab a late dinner if you’re on a tight budget :P
28) After the private party we joined a bunch of doll related friends for a late snack (we didn’t eat much as was still somewhat full ^^;) but food was pretty interesting :) Unfortunately I don’t have a good photo of the place itself, which is called Elephant Cafe (in Harajuku) I actually tried a piece of the chicken cartilage Danny talked about on his blog before lol. Verdict? Crunchy and salty :P
30) Fancy lookin dessert ^o^
31) Cafe Oval :) Hung out with some dolly friends after Mitsubachi’s exhibition ^o^ and we were treated a cute little donut cake ^o^! (Gochisousama~)
32) Visited a friend at their place and they kindly whipped out this beautiful sushi plate o_o Unfortunately me and raw fish doesn’t agree well in asia for some reason so I had to pass, but I took a photo because it’s just so pretty ^o^!
36) Bite size Gyoza ^o^ Yum~
40) I guess my husband felt that good Ramen is hard to find in Vancouver so he kept eating it lol! He tried Ramen with thick soup ^^; This Ramen place is in Harajuku ^^/
Heard from our friend who brought us there, that it’s very high in calories :P
Man making this post makes me so hungry ^^;;;; And I am having a late dinner tonite! lol Part 2 to come! :3