Stir-fry Pineapple chicken breast
The original recipe was only pineapple, chicken breast and spring onion, but I ran out of spring onion a few days ago, and had celery and red pepper in the fridge. So I decided to come up with a variation :) Thankfully it worked! (Yatta!)
Had this colourful dish with rice, and saved some for lunch tomorrow for me and hubby :)
About 4-6 serving with rice
– 1 pair of boneless/skinless chicken breast
– 3 sticks of celery
– 1 small red pepper
– 1 quarter of a small pineapple, skin removed
– 2/3 tablespoon of teriyaki sauce
1. Prepare the chicken breast by slicing it thinly and marinate with soya sauce, black ground pepper, cooking wine, corn starch and minced garlic.
(Note: Minced garlic is optional but the end result is more fragrant I find)
2. While the chicken breast slices is being marinated (about 20 minutes or so is good enough), prepare celery, pepper and pineapple by washing and then slicing them thinly and set aside separately.
Tip: You can wash and start to cook rice in a rice cooker before slicing the ingredients, so by the time the dish is done rice is ready as well :)
3. Drizzle a little vegetable oil in a non stick pan on medium heat, and pan fry the pineapple slices until it caramelized a bit, set a side on the serving dish or bowl, do the same for red-pepper after washing the pan quickly, put it together with the cooked fried pineapple slices.
4. Wash the pan with water, wipe dry and put the pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil, and pour in the marinated chicken. Stir fry until chicken is just cooked (just when you don’t see any more pink) and put in the sliced celery.
Stir fry for a 1-2 minutes or until celery appears a little softened (try not to over cook) pour in the pineapple and red pepper, mix it together, add the teriyaki sauce and 1/4 of water, simmer about a couple more minutes and it’s done ^O^!
dannychoo yes, boobies your favourite LOL
Oh my goodness! I just made this and its soooo good! I couldn’t believe how moist the chicken came out! Thanks for the great recipe!
This was my first attempt ever at stir-fry today and I must say it was awesome ^_^ I made it for my dad and he scarfed it down. Thank you Chun :D
oh! you made this? :D I’m glad it worked! XD
Thanks Rebecca :) (sorry did not see your comment until now ^^;)