Green Tea Soufflé Cheese Cake
Hello! Welcome to Cooking with Doll! (It’s a working title!)
This recipe is adapted from the 3 Ingredients Soufflé Cheesecake by Ochikeron.
We enjoyed it so much that I had to try to make a green tea version of it, and thankfully it worked out well in my personal opinion!
If you prefer a stronger green tea flavour please feel free to add a little more to taste. But please note if you add too much eventually it may become bitter.
1 & 1/2 teaspoons of Matcha powder (unsweetened green tea powder)
White chocolate 120 grams
3 eggs, separated (room temperature)
Cream cheese 125 grams (room temperature)
15 cm cake pan
A larger cake pan – for water bath
Spatula (1 or 2)
Egg beater or Whisk
1. Cut a strip wider than the side of the cake pan, fold about 1 cm and trim around the bottom, you may need to cut another small strip to make it fit.
2. Trace the bottom of the 15 cm cake pan on a piece of parchment paper and cut it out.
3. Line the cake pan and brush with oil. Brushing the joined area of the strip will make it “stick” together.
4. Boil water for the water bath. Preheat oven to 338 F
5. Melt white chocolate in a bowl placed over a pot of hot water (not boiling)
6. When chocolate melted completely, add room temperature cream cheese, mix well with a spatula
7. Add 1 & 1/2 teaspoons of unsweetened Matcha (green tea powder) and mix well again.
8. Remove from heat and add egg yolks, mix well.
Pass the green tea mixture through a sieve using a spatula for a smooth texture.
9. With a clean spatula (use a clean one or wash the one you used) scrape the bottom of the sieve as much as possible.
10. In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form.
11. Fold the egg whites in 3 parts into the green tea mixture. For the last mix, I poured the green tea mixture into the beaten egg whites.
12. As soon as the mixture looks combined, pour into the cake pan, drop the pan a few times on the table to remove large air bubbles.
13. Put cake pan into a larger pan, and then into the hot oven, carefully add up to 2 cm of hot water into the larger pan.
14. Bake at 350 F for 30 minutes, then turn on broiler for 2 minutes then turn off oven and leave door close for 15 minutes. (updated instructions!)
15. Lastly, turn oven off and leave the cake in it for another 15 minutes, and then cool completely on a wire rack before putting into the fridge to chill.
16. Important, chill completely in the fridge before removing parchment paper!
Thanks again for watching, we hope you enjoyed this recipe, please Like, Share and Subscribe if you do!
Mirai, the doll in this episode is a Smart Doll – more information at smartdoll.jp
I created the clothes in her wardrobe ^^/ puppy52dolls.com