I almost ran out of time! :P Well it’s already halway into Halloween in some countries ^^; But here just started half an hour ago :P
Can you guess what I am going to carve? ;) This year Yoshi is my helper ;P
This year I decided to use a white pumpkin, somewhat medium sized :3
First make a marking, for cutting out the opening to scoop the insides out… make a notch to show which side is the back of the pumpkin — carve on the front part.
This year’s idea was pretty last minute as well ^^; I saw this super adorable image on Danny’s recent entry.
The original art use for reference is by Japanese artist, Ikkyuu sensei ^o^/
Namely this one, decided to adapt it into a carving :)
Cut it such that it is somewhat slanted tapering towards the inside.
At first I tried to use a spoon to scoop the insides, then I ended up using my hands :P
The short handle of the pumpkin kit scoop was useful, especially when I need to scrape around the inside of the pumpkin.
I measured a rough estimated area of the pumpkin art I wanted to draw, and printed it out.
Did a rough sketch with marker… I learnt that I could use the Mr. Clean magic eraser to remove the black lines afterwards which was why I did this.
I almost wanted to just draw the art without carving (LOL) a lazy way but much faster :P I didn’t take any more progress after this as both of my hands were quite dirty and I didn’t want to keep washing and drying my hands >_<;
Finally! Took pictures in the washroom ^^;
Really glad I picked a white pumpkin, and used black marker, I like that drawing it gives it an extra darker shade :D
Photo below was taken by iphone 4S, surprised it turned out :D
Here’s what it looks like in normal light :P
Last year (2011) I carved a white pumpkin too :D It looks nice in the daytime if done neatly ^o^
I first started to carve a pumpkin in 2009, Mirai was also one of my inspirations :3 I also carved a smaller one with puppy and mouse :3
2010 was “Mirai fox”
- chun on Senmei Fanart Contest 2014
- lightningsabre on Senmei Fanart Contest 2014
- chun on Murasaki chan x puppy52!
- Kuraikawai on Murasaki chan x puppy52!
- chun on Happy Birthday Mirai chan~
- Kuraikawai on Happy Birthday Mirai chan~
- chun on Strolling Mouse
- Nekonyann on Strolling Mouse
- chun on Strolling Mouse
- chibinezumi on Strolling Mouse
- chun on Season’s Greetings :D
- Heather on Season’s Greetings :D
- Tyler on The Drawing Board Submission – Baby Versions of Fictional Characters
- chun on Recommended Summer Oyatsu
- chun on The Drawing Board Submission – Baby Versions of Fictional Characters
Follow me on TwitterMy Tweets